Sunday, September 9, 2012

WeeKenD


Weekends are too brief. This one has been flying by. The boys and I spent alot of time playing and watching movies yesterday while Daddy was at work. Then family nap time. Last night Michelle K. and I went to do a little shopping, dining and LOTS of talking. It was great to see her, I hadn't seen her in awhile, so there was tons to talk about. Today we got up early and went as a family to do our grocery shopping. Kids didn't really nap at all today, agh, so little do they know it's going to be early bedtime tonight!  Now we are just relaxing a little bit before dinner, making tea, showering, etc.

Gavin is about to turn 5! I can't believe how fast he is growing. He is all about Spiderman and Power Rangers right now. He is very ornery, he is a stubborn rambunctious fully opinionated individual. He is a very trying child for sure. He can push me to the limit of my patience and understanding on a daily basis. Reminds me of the "Strong-Willed Child" book. Sometimes I can talk to him before we do something and he will be good, but for the most part he is wild rambunctious banshee child. He gets all worked up inside when we are in public, which makes him bounce off the walls like a ping pong ball. We are trying to work on his school work but he doesn't like doing it with ME. He can write his name well at school, but at home, nope. He does do his short vowel sounds pretty good. I guess it'll just take time and patience. I'm trying I swear!  

No comments: