Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sit Down Already!

Everyday is the same. Step by Step.
1. Hit the snooze button 3 times. It's set for 530, but I get up when it says 6:01.
2. Let the dogs outside. Have to force Cricket because he doesn't wanna wake up.
3. Turn down the AC since we keep it so nice and chilled at night.
4. Pack my lunchbox for work. Fill my tea jug for the day.
5. Make my smoothie.
6. Get ME ready: Potty, Makeup, Teeth Brushing, Deodorant, Dressing, Hair.
7. Make sure dogs/cats are fed and in the right place.
8. Load up everyone in the car, no later than 7 am but prefer 6:54!
9. Drive to Daycare.
10. Drive to Work.
11. Work from about 730 til 430.
12. Pick up the kids.
13. Drive home.
14. Dinner, Baths, Chasing Kids and Pets, some TV/Computer time/Reading.
15. In Bed by 9:30. Read More til 10 usually. Then Sleep.

Same list of things to do everyday.

Every other weekend is grocery shopping. SAMS and Walmart.

Routine should be my middle name.

I make lots of lists for things to get done. At Home and At Work. Lists and Sticky notes are my best friends.

The list keeps me hurrying around the house and my life like the proverbial Energizer Bunny.

Then I just read this "You don't know how to sit down, do you?"
 I need to learn how to stop and sit down -- and rest. But my lists hold me captive to unrealistic expectations in a ridiculous effort to prove my worth through what I do. It is an ongoing battle in my life. And I am not alone.

No comments: