Wednesday, September 10, 2008

How

How can you work on trust when you can't depend on someone? If you know that they can just walk out and leave you and then not even come back when they say they wanna work on things? When they won't even act married if they are going to stay gone for a little bit but still wanna work things out? How can you fix a problem of trust when you still can't prove you should be trusted? I really believe that Chris changed a few months ago but I didn't notice. That's a big big step for me. I know I want my husband and I want to fix things. He says he does too. But he won't come home, he won't wear his ring, he won't answer half my texts, he won't go to counseling. He even has to make sure nothing better is coming up before he will agree to come see me. How is that fixing anything? How is that making it work? How is that building trust? I should be able to see him ACTING married even when he is not living with me if we are going to be together. I'm just confused. He acted so wonderful, so sweet, so loving the other night when he came to stay the night. Just like it used to be. It was awesome. I thought yES! this really WILL work! But then he leaves and it's the same. I hurt for my husband. I want him with me. I want to share all the great things going on in my life with HIM. Not just text him and tell him. But he won't give that to me. He won't do anything to build trust or fix things except the space thing. He's good at that. Taking a break from marriage must be nice. Never heard of a successful marriage having "breaks".

1 comment:

Beate said...

Aww, Michelle! He is being cruel. I admire you for wanting to work your marriage out. But if he wants 'space' I would give him all the space he can handle for a while. Don't call, don't text, don't make yourself available. He is taking for granted that you will always be there. It seems like he is trying to keep his options open. By giving him radio silence you are letting him know that you just may not be an option if he doesn't shape up. I'm not saying to go out and date other men or anything... I'm just saying take off your ring, be unavailable and make him wonder a bit....
What he is doing is just so mean. If he would have just left that is one thing, but he is stringing you along while he decides what he wants. At least if he would have left for good you would have closure and have been able to move on with your life.
Hang in there. I'm rooting for you.