Thursday, July 3, 2008

Living Green.....

I'm working on it! I know for sure several things that I would never give up, but there is alot each of us could do to save our precious planet. I want my son to have things that seem to be fading away.... I've been reading alot on line and here are a few things I've found so far that I'm willing to TRY.....
  • Eco Friendly Laundry detergent - Trader Joe's, Ecover, or BioKleen. Choose powder over liquid to save water. Line dry clothes....(not sure I have the patience for that one!) Eventually purchase a more energy efficient dryer with a moisture sensor (they turn off when clothes are dry!) For each load of laundry you dry on a line you save 3.35 lbs of CO2 and 2.6 KwH.
  • Save water by turning off the faucet while brushing teeth and doing dishes. Turn off shower when shaving legs. Take bathes instead of showers, only using shower head for rinsing off and washing hair.
  • Use biodegradeable toothbrushes to avoid filling landfills with toxic plastic with frequently replaced toothbrushes!
  • RECYCLE!!!!!
  • More organic based beauty products. I'll TRY Burts Bee's lotions, moisturizers, toners, and I already love their chapstick. And Gavin uses Burts Bees Body Wash! I'll TRY their shampoo and conditioner for me too!
  • Unplug things you are not using. Everything still zaps energy when not in use if it is still plugged in. Key things to unplug are microwave and coffeemaker. Each of these will save 34 lbs of CO2 just by unplugging them when not in use!
  • Transportation - Ultimately I'll buy a Hybrid vehicle, but thats a ways away. I already try to drive the least amount I can get away with due to gas prices!
  • We've switched to Green Works house cleaners. I woulda tried the vineager thing but it stinks!!!
  • Can't do cloth diapers because the daycare would not do it and chris would hate it too!

http://www.radiustoothbrush.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=16

I'll list any cool ideas I find as I find them!!

1 comment:

Radius Genie said...

Michelle,

Thank you for mentioning our Radius toothbrush in your blog post.

Have you had a chance to try our brushes? The Original is the most unique and most popular one that we carry.

~Radius Genie
contact (at) radiustoothbrush (dot) com