Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday Thirteen (Early) 3rd Edition

Thirteen Things about living GREEN that I couldNever Do!
1. My car! I live way too far away from work and just about everything else to live without my gas guzzling, ozone layer depleting car!
2. Air Conditioning – It is way way way tooooooo hot in texas for no AC. I’d melt! I love it COLD!
3. Scrapbooking! – I know wasting all that paper is far from GREEN, but It’s my passion !! And it’s not really wasting cause I use up the scraps too and I KEEP the pages, so it’s not real wasteful. J
4. Bottled water – I hate tap water!! I will always drink bottled water. Granted I’m a tiny green because I fill up my jug each day and don’t waste lots of individual bottles.
5. Reading Books – is that not green because they are made from trees?? If so I’m NEVER gonna stop reading books!
6. Hair Dye – I don’t even REMEMBER my natural hair color lol. And whatever it is, it’s never coming back. J But luckily the guy I go to uses a veggie based hair dye so it’s semi-green!
7. Disposable diapers and wipes – I am NOT doing the cloth diaper thing ever! It’s gross and even more so because the daycare would never do it!
8. Germ X ! I don’t like germs!
9. Mr. Clean Wipes – sooooooooo easy to use and kills all the germs!
10. My long hot baths/showers – I loooooooooooove them! I try to save water elsewhere in place of wasted water in the shower!
11. Toilet paper! DUH!!
12. All organic food – I can’t find enough to make all of my food organic! And plus I have a tiny yard so no planting all my food to consume anytime soon.
13. Tampons!! Have you seen the options?! Yikes! http://Divacup.com! Not so sure I can go THAT green!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


11 comments:

pussreboots said...

Most of the books I read are used copies. Happy TT.

Lazy Daisy said...

I thought I was doing well just to recycle

SandyCarlson said...

I've heard about 13. Eek. I went Novasure and that solved it. No more contributions from me to the landfill.

I'm with you on the water, too.

Unknown said...

I admire people who can do it, but there are some things I just can't do. #13 is one of them and books are another, although more and more books are being printed on recycled paper. Happy T13!

PamelaMKramer said...

This is hilarious! You are so right, it's way too freakin HOT here in TX. Here's to keeping it cool. Happy TT.

SJ Reidhead said...

Thank You!

SJR
The Pink Flamingo

Clara said...

Yeah, I can relate to needing AC. Our winters may be cold, but we're not used to prolonged heat up here in MI. Have you tried a filtering pitcher? My daughter and sister-in-law both use one and love it.


Come by and see my trip to the lake.

Tammy said...

Fun list! Happy TT

Anonymous said...

I am with you on every single one of these!!! Awesome and creative list :)

Oh and yea... the "tampon alternative" is a definite no-go.

Quarantine Hobby said...

Hehe, those are pretty funny.

There are some green things I am unable to do, too. I don't buy all organic because it's expensive; I drive an SUV; there are more, I'm sure!

(BTW, the divacup is AWESOME! I got it not because it was "green" but because it's a CHEAP alternative! You buy it once and your golden forever!)

Great list!

Happy TT :)

Anonymous said...

Your list cracked me up but I'm with you on pretty much all of them. I just started using the reusable grocery bags and they are great. No more plastic for me.