Wednesday, July 2, 2008

THursday 13 - Edition 1 (yes i'm new at it!!)

just in case you have no idea why i'm doing this... (i.e. you live under a rock.....)...thursdaythirteen.com.
Thirteen Things about Michelle Cooney's
I figure to get the hang of this 13'ing I'll start with places I want to travel to. So here goes......
Australia - I wanna see kangaroos and koala bears in the wild! And the scenery looks splendid!
Greece - It seems like such a mythical place. Would love to see the blue waters and just the beauty of the land and the sea.
Japan - So I can try REAL sushi! Plus I hear they have some AWESOME roller coasters there!
Sweden - I really don't know why but for YEARS (i'm talkin' since I was a teenager!) I've been seriously interested in going there. Maybe it's the wooden shoes.....
Tahiti - All the stunning pictures of seen of the little huts over the water and the hammocks hanging out on a limb over the clear blue water......oh yeah, gotta go there!
Italy --- Can you say PASTA!? And the whole country seems to just ooze a romantic vibe
Hawaii - beaches, waterfalls, beautiful flowers......what more could you ask for?
New York, New York - I guess for stupid typical tourist-y reasons
Ireland - I've read alot of books set in Ireland so it has alot of appeal to me. Not to mention my husband would just die to go! He says he is more irish than he knows he is. :)
Vermont/Conneticut - to see where my mom grew up and meet the parts of my family I've never even met!
Jamaica - seems like a very fun place! And their music is sweeeeeet
California - Yes I wanna go to San Fransisco to ride the trolley thingy and see where they make rice a roni! lol. And San Diego to the awesome zoo I hear about, to northern cali where I hear it's the most beautiful, and of course do the gay tourist-y thing in LA and Hollywood!
Bermuda - the triangle!.....it's got a mysterious allure for sure!
............till next week!!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


10 comments:

Maisie said...

Great places - hope that you get to visit some of them. I'd love to take a Mediterranean cruise and see Greece.

Carol said...

That's a lot of traveling. Send postcards!

Firefly Mom said...

OK, I haven't been to most of these (though I'd *love* to!)

I have been to Jamaica. Couldn't pay me to go back. Lived in California (the zoo is awesome, SF is great, and northern California *is* beautiful), and though I've not been to Bermuda, I have been in the Bermuda Triangle - and I'm still here :D

Henry (aka Quadpawd) said...

You better get started...
Great list, several of the places are on my 'go to' list too.
Have a fun 4th!

http://thefurrytripod.wordpress.com

Lisa said...

Wonderful list and welcome to TT! I hope you have fun.

Thanks for stopping by my list!

AEH said...

7, 8, half of 10, 12 & 13 I've been to. I enjoyed all of them though I wouldn't really go back to Bermuda. It's kinda like, been there, done that.

Great list though!

Anonymous said...

Greece, Greece, Greece... I have wanted to go there my whole life. Some day. I hope to see you on the airplane!

Diana M said...

Love your list...I'll go New England way with ya.....

Unknown said...

It's Holland that does the Wooden Shoe thing - not Sweden. And a wonderful country it is to visit too.

verabear said...

Welcome to the TT community! I'd love to see those places too, specially Ireland and Greece.